I saw Warm Bodies a couple of weeks ago, and for some reason I forgot to post a review, so this is going to be a quick review as a result. But before I start, I just have to get this off my chest: Ster-Kinekor, you suck! For some reason you guys only show zombie movies at the tiny cinemas in the northern suburbs, which is obviously great for me because I don’t have a car. You did this with Zombieland and you did it again with Warm Bodies. Wake up, it’s not only Afrikaans people who like zombie movies! Us English speakers down in the south also like zombies! Thankfully Numetro at the Waterfront has some – wait for it – braaainnss and can have my money.
Ok, now that I’ve gotten that out of my system, on with the review.
- It’s funny
- Has an interesting setting…
- …with interesting characters
- The reason why zombies eat brains is actually quite cool
- It’s borderline Twilight in places
- You really just have to accept a lot of things and go with it – I.E. true love conquers all, even successfully changing brain eating zombies back into humans
- It doesn’t quite live up to what I was expecting
- Some of the characters feel a little underdeveloped
Movie Rating: Warm Bodies is a fun, light hearted romantic comedy, with a few horror elements thrown in. I was a bit worried that it would be too “Twilight” but thankfully it avoids falling into that trap by not taking itself too seriously. Unfortunately it’s not as great as I was expecting, but is still a worthwhile watch.