Ah man! I laughed so much that by the end of the film my face hurt.
22 Jump Street is the sequel to the sleep hit 21 Jump Street. Schmidt (Hill) and Jenko (Tatum) are back, and this time, they have to find out who’s peddling drugs to students by going undercover. The only difference is that this time, they’re going to college.
- The jokes take a little while to get going, but by the end you’ll be laughing your face off
- The Bro-mance between the Schmidt and Jenko, that also seems to be between the actors (Hill and Tatum have great onscreen chemistry)
- One scene that makes the price of admission worth it alone
- Self aware and plays it up, even resulting in an unexpected twist in the story
- I’m not sure if it’s allowed a free pass with all the similarities with the first movie
- At times very stupid, but at least its funny
- Jonah Hill has some super awkward cringe worthy moments that are almost too cringe worthy
- Nothing that brings the movie down
21 Jump Street was a film that caught me off guard. I went in expecting something mildly entertaining, but was completely blown away by how funny it was. 22 Jump Street feels familiar, but at the same time is a huge improvement on the original. This is a film that just keeps on giving, and by the end you’ll be laughing almost non-stop.