If Erased can keep this up, it will become undoubtedly one of the best anime I have ever watched.
Erased is the story of Satoru, a man who is sent back a short while in time whenever a life threatening situation is about to take place near him. One day a tragedy befalls someone close to Satoru, but instead of being sent back a few minutes, he’s sent back 18 years to a period before three young girls were kidnapped and murdered.
- Absolutely nail biting tension
- Excellent pacing
- Great mystery story that plays on how we remember (or think we remember) the past
- Interesting characters
- Good animation
- Really sweet moments that remind us how we shouldn’t ignore the problems of those around us, even if they aren’t our friends
- One really, really intense moment that had me absolutely bawling my eyes out
- I don’t really have anything to put here
- Nada. Zip. Zero. Zilch.
I generally give a show three episodes to completely win me over. By the end of episode one I was hooked on Erased. As a supernatural mystery and thriller, it’s absolutely freaking fantastic. Every brilliantly paced episode has you gripping the edge of your seat as you try to figure out what’s going to happen next. If there was ever a show that needed a live-action Western adaptation, it’s this one.
As much as I’d love to go into more detail about the show, I’m going to have to keep my lips sealed. Let me just end by saying that I normally don’t watch this genre, and I wait each week with anticipation for the next episode. So yes, just go check it out.